For the Automotive Industry of the Future:
SSDs for Automotive, ADAS and Data Logging
Advanced Driver-Assistance Systems (ADAS for short) are an essential part of the future of the automotive industry. Here, high-performance storage systems have to log enormous amounts of data around the clock. To do this, you need powerful and reliable memory and storage systems.
Also keep in mind: high-performance ADAS hardware means high power consumption, lots of energy and heat.
What factors should you consider when choosing the right storage medium?
We give you important tips on this here.
The basic structure of ADAS consists of three main components:
- Data generation: sensors, cameras and other data sources generate data about the car and its environment.
- Data Processing: A computer platform processes the data using powerful hardware and intelligent software.
- Data Logging: The system stores raw and processed data on a storage platform for analysis and further processing.
ADAS not only requires huge storage capacities, but also unyielding storage performance that can keep up with the constant flood of data and thus the future.
Here we recommend the automotive storage solutions of our contractual partner EXASCEND with its automotive SSD series PA4 (PCIe®) and SA4 (SATA):
- PCIe® Gen. 4 (NVMe 1.4)
- 3D TLC NAND flash
- Up to 8 TB capacity
- 3,500 MB/s sustained read
- 3,000 MB/s sustained write
- SATA-III Interface
- 3D TLC NAND Flash
- Bis zu 4 TB capacity
- 550 MB/s sustained read
- 535 MB/s sustained write
The manufacturer's PA4/SA4 series is suitable for demanding applications and offers first-class performance, exceptional reliability, stability and durability. In addition to outstanding performance, the automotive series also offer:
- Conformal Coating
- BGA Underfill
- Data security and encryption
- Full compliance, such as TAA compliance with stringent automotive requirements and international standards.
- Extended lifetime due to EXASCEND's advanced flash management
- Unlimited customization options
- Intelligent, adaptive thermal management
- Low power consumption
These are the four cornerstones for sustained high performance required by an ADAS system.
Take advantage of our expertise in the design-in process and the benefit of reliable processes.
Get advice from the experts.
Request more technical information now or order release samples today. We will be happy to provide you with further information upon request.