Power supply for the IoT in the smallest of spaces: Ten times smaller possible thanks to CeraCharge!
Package ten times smaller than comparable supercaps:
At 4.4 x 3.0 x 1.1 mm, TDK offers its new CeraCharge memory technology.
This is based on a solid-state lithium-based oxide multilayer battery.
Due to its chemistry, it cannot leak or explode, so no UN number is required for transport. CeraCharge is safe even in vacuum and thus offers a wide range of applications.
Can be processed via automatic placement machines
CeraCharge batteries are the same size as EIA 1812-MLCC capacitors, can be positioned on the board by common pick-and-place machines, and can be soldered in a common reflow oven.
They are more environmentally friendly than conventional batteries because they do not contain harmful materials such as heavy metals or toxic electrolytes. They are also RoHS-compatible.
Parallel and serial
They can be connected in parallel and series as desired and replace button cells, lithium batteries and supercaps.
- Operating voltage: 0 to 1.6 V
- nominal voltage: 1,5 V
- maximum charging voltage: 1.8 V
- nominal capacity: 100 µAh
- nominal discharge current: 20 µA
- Temperature range: -20 °C to 80 °C
- SMD package: 4.4 x 3.0 x 1.1 mm
- Internet of Things
- Bluetooth Beacons (e.g. 5 mA for 0.8 ms per second) e.g. Silabs BG22 BLE module
- Real time clocks (RTC) e.g. MICROCRYSTAL RV-3032-C7 (charges with 1.75V)
- Systems for energy harvesting
- Medical technology
More details about "Ceracharge" can be found here:
B73180A0101M062 (roll with 1500 pieces)
B73180A0101M199 (Development Kit with 10 pieces)
Further information is available on request: