Simply connect to the cloud and get started right away:
With the multi-wireless gateway via LTE-M/NB-IoT/Bluetooth 5
From your product, directly to the cloud.
With the right gateway, you can quickly and conveniently develop a complete IoT solution.
The Sentrius™ MG100 gateway from LAIRD CONNECTIVITY (distribution: GLYN) can be used right “out of the box”. You can network your sensors directly with the gateway via Bluetooth 5. The MG100 then sends the data to your cloud through a global LTE-M/NB IoT cellular connection.
Mobile communications standard for the IoT
The Sentrius™ MG100 is based on Nordic Semiconductor's nRF52840 and the HL7800 module from SIERRA WIRELESS. This means that the MG100 transmits data according to the new
LTE-M (Long Term Evolution for Machines) and NB-IoT (NarrowBand) standards for the Internet of Things (IoT). Bluetooth 5 functions, such as CODED PHY, 2M PHY and LE Advertising,
are supported – maximum flexibility for your sensor connection. In mobile communications,
LTE bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 12, 13, 20 and 28 are supported.
Unique – Robust housing and backup battery
The robust and compact housing in combination with the backup battery makes the gateway unique. Thanks to its dimensions of only 110.28 mm x 99.16 mm x 35.32 mm, the gateway can be integrated quickly. The Sentrius™ MG100 has an optional backup battery. As a result, the gateway reliably continues to send data, even in the event of a power failure.
The bootloader pre-programmed by LAIRD guarantees secure firmware upgrades.
All key features of the Sentrius™ MG100 gateway are summarised below:
- Mobile communications: LTE-M/NB-IoT
- Bluetooth 5
- NFC with integrated antenna
- Cortex M4F microcontroller with 1 MB Flash and 256 KB RAM
- Hostless operation with Zephyr RTOS
- Local data storage with microSD card slot
- Optional 2600 mA backup battery (lithium ion 18650)
- Available with fully integrated internal antenna or external antennas
- Multi-purpose button and 3 user-configurable LEDs
- Accelerometer with integrated temperature sensor
- Approvals: FCC, ISED, CE, PTCRB, GCF, AT&T