Important Legal Notices Independent of Contractual Agreements
The following legal notices apply in particular to the pre-contractual obligation. They apply regardless of whether a contract is concluded at all. If a contract is concluded, this information applies regardless of the conditions under which a contract is concluded, unless this information is expressly changed by contractual agreements.
Legal notice regarding the storage of personal data
- GLYN GmbH & Co. KG (hereinafter referred to as GLYN) shall save personal data of business partners as well as of persons who express an interest in the goods and services offered by GLYN or who in turn offer services or goods to GLYN. In doing so, GLYN shall comply with the statutory provisions on data protection. The data is stored for the purpose of processing and handling business transactions that have already been concluded and ongoing business, for initiating new contracts or for similar business contacts.
- Persons whose personal data has been stored by GLYN shall be entitled to request information regarding the personal data stored by GLYN about them within the scope of the statutory provisions.
Legal notice regarding the return of packaging that GLYN sells to end users as the final distributor in accordance with § 3 para. 13 of the German Packaging Act (VerpackG)
- In order to avoid or at least reduce the impact of packaging waste on the environment to a level that cannot be avoided, GLYN hereby expressly states that, insofar as GLYN takes back used packaging that has been emptied of its contents and that GLYN sells to end consumers as the final distributor, GLYN shall take back such packaging free of charge. Unless otherwise agreed with the purchaser, the packaging shall be taken back at the place where it is actually handed over to the purchaser.
Legal notice regarding complaints concerning alleged violations of applicable law
- Should the purchaser or a third party identify a violation of applicable law in the conduct of GLYN, the purchaser shall contact GLYN directly. In the event of a justified complaint, GLYN shall immediately cease the infringement. In such cases, no warning notice or legal action shall be required. Should the purchaser or the third party assert the infringement of applicable law by way of a warning notice or by taking legal action, GLYN points out that the purchaser shall bear the resulting costs itself due to the lack of a risk of repetition.
Legal information regarding documents relating to offered, ordered or delivered goods
- If a person interested in the goods and services offered by GLYN, the purchaser, the user or any other third party, receives documents from GLYN which refer to the goods offered, ordered or delivered (e.g. application note, manual, data sheet, SUPPORT-Paper, 8D report, presentations, etc.), all information contained in these documents shall be based on the knowledge and experience of GLYN at the time of transmission or on the knowledge and experience of the manufacturer, without any specific reference to the application, unless such reference to the application has been expressly agreed with regard to the information transmitted. Only employees of GLYN who are holders of a general commercial power of representation or members of the management shall be deemed to be authorized to issue declarations with a specific reference to application.
- Documents with reference to goods (see 4.1) do not contain recommendations for any specific application. If someone should understand a text passage as a recom-mendation for a specific application, this person must consult with GLYN. The foregoing does not apply to recommendations that are part of a contractual agreement. Only employees of GLYN who are holders of a general commercial power of representation or members of the management shall be deemed to be authorized to make contractually binding recommendations.
- All information in documents that refer to goods (see 4.1) may be changed by GLYN or the manufacturer at any time at their own discretion.
- Any application or use of the information contained in a document provided by GLYN shall be at the sole discretion of the person applying or using the product. GLYN shall not assume any responsibility, liability or warranty for it, for whatever purpose, unless expressly agreed in writing.
- Documents that refer to goods (see 4.1) are subject to the copyrights of GLYN or the copyrights of the manufacturer of the described item. In all other respects, these documents, both in paper form and as a file, shall remain protected as the sole property of GLYN or the manufacturer, respectively, unless the parties have expressly agreed otherwise in writing.
- Any unauthorized use or any use not authorized in writing by GLYN or the manufacturer of the aforementioned documents is prohibited.
- If a document within the meaning of 4.1 describes the characteristics of the item, including its durability, functionality, compatibility and safety, this description shall be deemed to be conclusive. In this context, conclusive means that features not listed here cannot be expected by the buyer or user. For example, if a document does not contain a description regarding vibration resistance, this means that vibration resistance cannot be expected. Deviating agreements can only be made expressly in writing. Only employees of GLYN who are holders of a general commercial power of representation or members of the management shall be deemed to be authorized to issue such declarations.
- It is expressly pointed out that the suitability of the item is solely derived from the described characteristics, which result from the documents provided by GLYN (see 4.1). Only employees of GLYN who are holders of a general commercial power of representation or members of the management shall be deemed authorized to issue decla-rations with specific reference to suitability.
- It is expressly pointed out that the features described in documents (see 4.1) may result in the item not being suitable for normal use, e.g. because it has a more com-plex structure and is therefore suitable for more purposes, but therefore also more complex to handle, or because it has a simpler structure and is therefore only suitable for certain purposes.
- If the purchaser expressly wishes to acquire the item described in a document for a customary use within the meaning of section 434 (3) No. 1 of the German Civil Code (BGB), it must make express reference to this in its order and in a textually emphasized form (e.g. by means of bold print or red lettering).
- If the terms "safe" or "safety" are used in a document, this always refers only to the safety described in this document. If the person applying or using the product has safety expectations beyond this, it is strongly recommended to discuss this with GLYN.
- The terms "ensure" and "ensures" are to be understood in technical terms only. Unless these terms are expressly used in connection with a warranty declaration, these terms shall not be construed as a warranty within the meaning of section 443 of the German Civil Code (BGB). Only employees of GLYN who are holders of a general commercial power of representation or members of the management shall be deemed authorized to issue warranty declarations.
- Insofar in a document is expressly referred to possible danger points, this is merely based on experience and does not claim to be complete. It can therefore in no way be inferred from the document that this is a conclusive list of hazardous points.
Legal notice regarding consulting contracts
- Only employees of GLYN who are holders of a general commercial power of representation or members of the management are authorized to conclude consulting agreements. Consulting agreements must always be in writing and must be expressly designated as such. This shall also apply if a consulting agreement is to be part of another legal transaction.
- A document which refer to the goods offered, ordered or delivered (see 4.1) shall only be part of a consulting service if it is expressly stated elsewhere (e.g. in a consult-ing agreement) that this document is part of the consulting service.