QS SOM Family concept
- 100-pin QFN SMT - World’s Smallest SOM
- Pinkompatibles Footprint
- Long-term available (at least 10 years)
- Single Power Supply
- Display (Processor-dependent)
- Gbit Ethernet
- USB 2.0
- SD/eMMC Flash interface
- All components on one module Processor, RAM, FLASH, PMIC.
- QS concept allows use of a simple 2-layer base board.
- Optimised pinout enables direct connections without crossing tracks.
- Single-sided design eliminates the need for fixing points, pre-milled holes or similar on the PCB!
- Direct soldering increases operational reliability in harsh environments.
- Costs are saved because board-to-board connectors can be dispensed with.
- The modules can be assembled and soldered automatically.
- The modules do not have to be plugged in manually or possibly screwed, which saves a work step in production.
- Thanks to the QFN solder joints, there is no need for a time-consuming X-ray inspection of the contacts, which would be necessary with BGA enclosures, for example.
A visual inspection is sufficient. All PINs can be easily reached by measurement.