From MCU to SoC scalable IoT solution from SILICON LABS
The 32-bit MCUs of the EFM32PG22 family from SILICON LABS are ideal for IoT applications with extremely low power consumption at high performance.
The MCU-only solution offers you the perfect entry into the wireless SoC platform.
As a pure microcontroller solution without RF part, they are 100% software and pin compatible with the SoC variants of the EFR32xG22 series.
The highly efficient PG22 offers a 76.8 MHz Cortex-M33 with rich analogue and communication peripherals. It is ideal for wired sensor applications, for example.
Scalable from MCU to SoC
If required, the controller can be easily extended with a communication unit.
Bluetooth, Zigbee or proprietary 2.4 GHz protocols are available. The SoC variants are known at SILICON LABS as BG22 (Bluetooth), MG22 (ZigBee) and FG22 (proprietary solutions in the 2.4 GHz range).
The SILICON LABS EFM32PG22 family is optimised for performance and efficient energy use in the low cost range. Ideal for switching from an 8-bit microcontroller to a 32-bit solution. For future wireless connection of the application, you can easily switch to the SoC platform. You can simply continue to use the software you have already programmed.
The highlights of the EFM32PG22 family summarised for you:
New ARM Cortex-M33 core with TrustZone
- Large Flash (up to 512k)
- Enough "space" for large algorithms - motion sensing, AI, ML, gesture recognition
- Enough flash for application and wireless stack with 2-chip solution
High precision ADC - 16-bit @ 77 ksps
- High accuracy
- High-speed thanks to 12-bit resolution (1 Msps)
Small housing (4 x 4 mm or 5 x 5 mm)
- "Easy-to-fit" for small applications
- Small size makes it ideal for device monitoring
- 27 μA/MHz Active
- 1.1 μA EM2 mode with 8k RAM
- 0.5 μA with RTC in EM4 mode
- Low Power Peripherals
Secure end products thanks to strong security features
Safety is a key issue in today's applications. SILICON LABS has therefore significantly improved and expanded the safety function for the latest generation of MCU and wireless devices. These are implemented and executed in hardware and software:
- Hardware-accelerated Crypto Unit
Faster, more energy-saving and higher security than a pure software solution
- True Random Number Generator (TRNG)
Compliant with NIST SP800-90 and AIS-31 Authentication of firmware updates
Prevents loading of tampered firmware or rollback to old versions
- Secure debug with lock/unlock
Debug locked for serial devices
Authenticated access for advanced error analysis
Cost-optimised hardware separation of security-relevant data
Starter kit PG22-DK2503A offers a quick start
The PG22 Starter Kit is a small form factor development platform for the EFM32PG22 microcontroller.
A Segger J-Link debugger is integrated on the board. You can start programming easily via USB. Quick connection to your application: the MCU connections are on the side of the board.
- 1x PG22 Dev Kit board (BRD2503A)
- 1x USB cable type A to Micro-B
- SI7021 Relative humidity and temperature sensor
- SI7210 Hall-effect sensor
- VEML6035 Ambient Light Sensor
- TDK InvenSense ICM-20648 6-axis position sensor
- SPK0641HT4H-1 MEMS microphone
Wireless, IoT & Microcontroller
- +49 6126 590-255
- +49 6126 590-133