66% increase in total write performance:
New 3D TLC SSDs now at MLC level
Greater writing performance and increased durability.
With the new 3D SATA SSDs from ATP, you choose the operating mode. Made from new NAND technology, these Serial ATA Solid State Drives (SATA SSDs) offer:
- a write performance in regular TLC mode equivalent to the previous MLC values
- an increase in durability in pseudo Single Level Cell (pSLC) mode, reaching SLC levels for the first time.
This unique performance is achieved by the new models of the manufacturer's A700Pi/A600Si/A600Sc SSD series. Based on new 3D TLC (Triple Level Cell) NAND Flash technology, this strong endurance is achieved.
The improvement expressed in numbers
The SATA SSDs (Serial ATA Solid State Drives) achieve 66% more write performance in regular TLC operation. This corresponds to the previous MLC values. In addition, the SSDs reach SLC level for the first time with a 50% increase in endurance in pSLC mode (pseudo Single Level Cell).
Different form factors for numerous applications
The new SSDs will be available in M.2 2242 & 2280, 2.5" and mSATA form factors. A700Pi and A600Si are designed for reliable operation in extreme environments from -40 °C to 85 °C. The A600Sc series supports the temperature range from 0 °C to 70 °C.
Optional AES-256 encryption
The capacities of the A600Si/A600Sc series, native TLC configurations, range from 120 GB to 1920 GB. The pSLC-powered A700Pi SSDs from 80 to 640 GB. There are also SATA models with AES-256 encryption that support the Opal 2.0 security standard for projects with appropriate requirements.
"Industrial users were initially sceptical about using TLC technology. However, ATP has gone all out to meet and exceed the standards of MLC and SLC flash. With the new SSD models of the A700Pi/A600Si/A600Sc SSD series, ATP has succeeded in doing so," explains Benjamin Fasel, ATP Product Manager at GLYN, about the revision of the manufacturer's 3D TLC SSDs.
With new fail-safety and validations, ATP SSDs set standards in the market. Testing for reliability is an essential part of ATP's production. In addition to demanding standard tests, the embedded SATA SSDs of the next generation also undergo other relevant tests:
- Four-Corner, Temperature Cycling, and Power Cycling tests prove that the SSDs function reliably even under harsh conditions and that data is stored without errors.
- End-of-life validation ensures that the ATP SSDs work perfectly over the specified life cycle and beyond.
- PCBA Solderability Validation checks and guarantees that all components have been soldered to the PCB (PCBA) in a mechanically and electrically resilient manner.
- Reliability Demonstration Test (RDT) checks compliance with MTBF values, which quantify an average operating time until the first failure. This method is more precise than the mathematical projection that is also permitted to determine the value.
On the new SATA SSDs of the A700Pi/A600Si series, the protection against sudden power failure has been extended by a programmable MCU. This can now respond to varying temperatures, distinguish voltage drops from fluctuations and limit inrush current for better compatibility with host systems.
Take advantage of our expertise in the design-in process. Enjoy the benefit of reliable processes when choosing the right SSD and get expert advice.
Request technical information or order release samples today. We will be happy to provide you with further information on request.
Industrial Memory Solutions
- +49 6126 590-350
- +49 6126 590-139