Can FRAM get even smaller? Of course, with ExcelonTM from CYPRESS!
Small, light and powerful applications need a small, fast memory!
- Energy consumption must be low to conserve battery power and extend uptime.
- To record data continuously, a sufficient memory capacity and an almost unlimited number of write cycles of the non-volatile memory are required.
- The memory used should take up as little space as possible on the board.
Excelon™ FRAM from CYPRESS
One advantage of Excelon™ is its long service life (endurance). Even if every free millisecond of data is written to memory, the endurance of 1,000 trillion write cycles would only be reached after 3,000 years. The power consumption of Excelon™ is 200 times lower than that of EEPROM and 3,000 times lower than that of NOR Flash. But you also benefit from its small footprint – due to the 8-pin GQFN housing, the Excelon™ takes up very little space on your circuit board.
Footprint: ~10mm2, 8-Pin GQFN Package
Compared to the current FRAMs, Excelon™ reduces the regular standby and hibernate current by up to 150 times. On top of that, the additional 108 MHz QSPI increases the data transfer to an SPI FRAM by a factor of 10. A time-consuming power backup via external components is no longer necessary thanks to the NoDelay™ technology used.
What’s best for your application?
You can choose freely between capacity, operating voltage and temperature:
- Capacity: 2 Mbit, 4 Mbit or 8 Mbit
- Operating voltage: 1.71 to 1.89 V and 1.80 to 3.60 V
- Temperature ranges: Commercial (0 °C to 70°C), Industry (-40 °C to 85 °C), Auto-A (-40 °C to 85 °C) and Auto-E (-40 °C to 125 °C)
On your mark, get set, test!