Security and reliability in embedded automotive systems The CYPRESS Semper NOR flash is ISO 26262-compliant
25 years of data retention, thanks to EnduraFlex™ architecture.
The Semper NOR flash family from CYPRESS is ASIL-B-compliant to fulfil safety requirements in embedded automotive systems. The devices support operating voltages of 1.8 and 3.0 V in the automotive temperature range from -40 to +125 °C.
EnduraFlex™ architecture ensures secure retention of data:
One device can be divided into several partitions.
These partitions can be individually optimised for high rewritability or long-term data retention.
For example, for frequent data writes, a partition can be configured to deliver up to 1.28 million program-erase cycles for 512 MBit density parts or 2.56 million for 1 GBit parts.
For the storage of program codes and configuration data, a partition can be configured to safely retain data for more than 25 years.
Proven in practice millions of times over
Every day, millions of people trust in vehicles and systems that are equipped with the secure CYPRESS NOR flash technology. ISO 26262 and IEC 61508 define the important directives for safety in automotive and industrial applications. The Semper NOR flash family by CYPRESS is tested to the high safety levels of SIL and ASIL within these standards.
Overview of the 6 most important points:
- ASIL-B-compliant and ASIL-D-ready
- ISO 26262 standards for automotive safety requirements.
- EnduraFlex™ architecture
- configures multiple partitions to ensure 25 years of data retention.
- more than 1 million write/erase cycles in endurance testing.
- Error diagnostics
- SafeBoot and error testing to ensure secure and reliable processes.
- Read bandwidth of up to 400 MB/s
- high performance for instant-on applications with XIP (eXecute in place).
- JEDEC xSPI-compatible
- offers JEDEC xSPI-compatible HyperBus, Octal interfaces and Quad SPI.
- Automotive temperature range
- AEC-Q100-qualified (-40 °C to 125 °C).
We would be happy to provide further information and release samples on request.
Industrial Memory Solutions
- +49 6126 590-350
- +49 6126 590-139